TOTE Maritime Alaska has filed a General Rate Increase (GRI) of 7% to be effective Sunday, November 6, 2022. This rate action was filed with the United States Surface Transportation Board in Washington, D.C.
The GRI filing applies to STB TOTE tariffs 101-A, 202-B, 501-A, and 601-A. It does not apply to tariff STB TOTE 701-A (household goods).
Additionally, effective November 6, 2022, Tariff 101-A will reflect the following:
Item 940 (Terminal Charge)
· Northbound Dry Cargo: an increase of $100 totaling $225 per booking
· Northbound Temperature-Controlled Cargo: an increase of $100 totaling $250 per booking
· Northbound Vehicles: an increase of $20 totaling $55 per booking
· Southbound Dry Cargo: an increase of $25 totaling $60 per booking
· Southbound Temperature-Controlled Cargo: an increase of $35 totaling $90 per booking
· Southbound Vehicles: an increase of $10 totaling $25 per booking
Item 540 (Hazardous Surcharge): an increase of $25 totaling $150 per booking
TOTE Maritime Alaska has experienced increased costs this year as evidenced by recent CPI numbers and recognize the burden any increase puts on our customers. We have worked hard to keep our increases to a minimum, but these are necessary for us to reinvest in our business and continue to provide the highest level of service to our customers.
If you have questions regarding these filings, please contact your account representative at (800) 426-0074. Thank you.