Shipping your vehicle with us is as easy as following the steps below. If you have any questions, please contact us at 877.775.7447 Prompt 4 or email customerservicePR@totemaritime.com
Step 1: Gather Required Information
- Shipper’s complete name, physical address, phone, and email
- Consignee’s complete name, physical address, phone, and email
- Vehicle’s value, year, make, model, and the complete VIN #
- Sail date from Jacksonville to SJU (every Tuesday & Friday)
- EIN # (Obtain at http://www.irs.gov. Instructions included in JAX-SJU packet p.5 or call 800.829.4933.
Step 2: Contact Booking Team to Make a Booking
- Call 877.775.7447 Prompt 1 or email bookingPR@totemaritime.com
Step 3: Send Required Documents to Documentation Team and San Juan
Please email the items below to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 904.805.8106.
- Copy of Title, front and back (or authorization from the Financial Institution, if financed).
- Clear enlarged copy of the owners Driver’s License, and if owner is not present to deliver, a signed Letter of Authorization must be granted to the party making the shipping arrangements.
- Vehicle Exportation Sheet
- Insurance Acceptance or Declination Form
Step 4: Drop Off Your Vehicle at the Jacksonville Port
- Pre-Payment: Prepay before dropping off your vehicle with a Certified Check, Money Order, Visa or Master Card (no cash) by calling the Financial Service Department at 800.422.2743 extension 4301.
- Drop Window: Drop your vehicle no earlier than 7 calendar days prior to sailing, but before the cut off.
- Cut Offs: For Tuesday Sailing, drop by Friday at 12:00PM
For Friday Sailing, drop by Wednesday at 12:00PM
- Drop Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-12:00PM, 1:30PM-4:00PM
5250 William Mills Street
Jacksonville, Florida 32226
- Google Map
- Phone: 904.751.2110
- Escort: Please have someone in a separate vehicle accompany you to the port. This will be your way of exiting the terminal once your vehicle is dropped off. An escort with a TWIC badge is required for you to reach our Jacksonville port location. The JAXPORT Access Control Center (904.357.3344) offers courtesy escorts until 3:00PM or you may pay to contract independently.
- Recalls: Vehicles with recalls that may create a fire hazard are subject to a $100.00 charge related to safety procedures. If the fire hazard recall is fixed prior to dropping the vehicle off at the port, you can send proof of completion to customerservicePR@totemaritime.com and avoid the $100.00 fee. You can look up your VIN on http://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/ to see incomplete fire hazard recalls.
- Do NOT leave documents in the vehicle
- Additional cargo (that is not physically attached to the vehicle) is NOT permitted to remain in the vehicle. These restricted items include but are not limited to car seats, jumper cables, tool boxes, etc
- Vehicle must contain no more than a ¼ tank of gas
Step 5: Prepare to Pick Up Your Vehicle in Puerto Rico
Track and Trace: Use the track and trace tool on the TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico web portal to monitor shipment activity (view instructions). Load and discharge events as well as changes to the ETD and ETA of your shipment will be reflected on the site.
Tax Office: Before attempting to pick up vehicle, please note vehicle release time is subject to Hacienda appraisal and control. TOTE is not liable for government processes that may cause a delay in cargo pickup while completing governmental release requirements.
Step 6: Pick Up Your Vehicle in Puerto Rico
As soon as appraisals are completed, TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico will have a Bill of Lading with the appraisal attached available for pick up. You are responsible for picking up this paperwork from TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico at Puerto Nuevo Terminal and taking the paperwork to Hacienda, paying the taxes, and receiving the proper release document.
Puerto Nuevo Terminal
Avenida C, Muelle “H” Zona Portuaria
San Juan, PR 00920
Pick Up Hours
Monday-Friday 7:00AM-12:00PM, 1:00PM-3:00PM
10 Paseo de Covadonga, San Juan, PR. 00901
Vehicle Pickup Steps
- Return to TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico at Puerto Nuevo Terminal with the release from Hacienda.
- TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico verifies everything is correct on the release and stamps the Bill of Lading with the authorization release.
- You will be directed to the car yard to obtain your vehicle.
Free Time: Shipments of vehicles, not exceeding 900 cubic feet (self-propelled) will be allowed a free time period of 7 calendar days. No notification is provided upon arrival. Please call 877.775.7447 Prompt 4 with any questions.
Demurrage: Demurrage (storage) starts day 8. Demurrage charges will be collected prior to cargo being released. For Non-Containerized Cargo (Including Self-Propelled Vehicles) not exceeding 900cft charges are as follows:
DAYS 1 - 5: $10.00 Per Day
DAYS 6 or more: $15.00 Per Day
Vehicle Shipping Forms & Guidelines
Vehicle Shipping Packets
- Vehicle Shipping Packet - Jacksonville to San Juan (English)
- Vehicle Shipping Packet - Jacksonville to San Juan (Spanish)
Obtain EIN Number
FOR BOOKINGS OR INQUIRIES, PLEASE CALL 1.877.775.7447