Shipping your vehicle with us is as easy as following the steps below. If you have any questions, please contact us at 877.775.7447 Prompt 4 or email customerservicePR@totemaritime.com
Step 1: Gather Required Information
- Shipper’s complete name, physical address, phone, and email
- Consignee’s complete name, physical address, phone, and email
- Vehicle’s value, year, make, model, and the complete VIN #
- Sail date from Jacksonville to SJU (every Tuesday & Friday)
- EIN #. Obtain at http://www.irs.gov . View English Instructions & Spanish Instructions
Step 2: Contact Booking Team to Make a Booking
- Call 877.775.7447 Prompt 1 or email bookingPR@totemaritime.com
Step 3: Send Required Documents to Documentation Team
Please email the items below to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 904.805.8106.
- Copy of Title, front and back (authorization from the Financial Institution, if financed). All vehicles with a lien need the original letter from the bank. Police will not accept a copy.
- A signed Sworn Declaration must be included and stamped by a lawyer/notary licensed in Puerto Rico, indicating:
- Reason why the vehicle is being shipped
- Authorizing TOTE to export the vehicle
- Vehicle Identification (make, model, year, VIN) and
- If owner is not present to deliver, authorizing person present.
- Clear enlarged copy of the owner’s driver’s license.
- Vehicle Registration
- Certificate from Department of Motor Vehicles indicating vehicle is free of fines (Form DTOP-DIS-224) valid 3 calendar days for $11.00. Must have signature of DTOP/DISCO authorized personnel, seal, and $2.00 Voucher Trauma Code 0842 from the Internal Revenue Department (Colecturia).
- Motor Vehicle Inspection Certificate from Police Department, Division of Stolen Vehicles.
- $10.00 voucher from Internal Revenue Department (Colecturia) with $2.00 Voucher Trauma Code 0842. (We do not accept stamps).
- Receipt from pressure washing vehicle (motor, undercarriage, exterior).
- “Certificate of No Debt” from the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico Automobile Accident Compensation Administration (ACAA).
- Vehicle Exportation Sheet
- USDA Hold Acknowledgment Form
- Insurance Acceptance or Declination Form
Step 4: Drop Off Your Vehicle at the San Juan Port
Pre-Payment: Prepay before dropping off your vehicle with a Certified Check, Money Order, Visa or Master Card (no cash) by calling the Financial Service Department at 800.422.2743 extension 4301.
Drop Window: Drop your vehicle no earlier than 7 calendar days prior to sailing, but before the cut off (below).
If sailing Friday, must drop vehicle off by 12:00 Tuesday
If sailing Monday, must drop vehicle off by 12:00 Thursday
Drop Hours Address: 7:00AM-12:00PM, 1:00PM-4:00PM
Puerto Nuevo Terminal
Avenida C, Muelle “H” Zona Portuaria
San Juan, PR 00920
Inspection: Agents from the Police Department will physically inspect all units. Owner of vehicle or authorized person to ship unit should not travel out of Puerto Rico until unit has been approved by the Police and Agriculture Department. This approval is given the day of the unit’s departure. TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico is not responsible for any changes made by the governmental entities.
Recalls: Vehicles with recalls that may create a fire hazard are subject to a $100.00 charge related to safety procedures. If the fire hazard recall is fixed prior to dropping the vehicle off at the port, you can send proof of completion to customerservicePR@totemaritime.com and avoid the $100.00 fee. You can look up your VIN on http://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/ to see incomplete fire hazard recalls.
- Do NOT leave documents in the vehicle
- Additional cargo (that is not physically attached to the vehicle) is NOT permitted to remain in the vehicle. Restricted items include but are not limited to car seats, jumper cables, tool boxes, etc.
- Vehicle must contain no more than a 1/4 tank of gas
Step 5: Prepare to Pick Up Your Vehicle in Jacksonville
Track: Use the track and trace tool on the TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico web portal to monitor shipment activity (instructions on SJU-JAX p.3). Load and discharge events as well as changes to the ETD and ETA of your shipment will be reflected on the site.
Step 6: Pick Up Vehicle in Jacksonville
USDA: Upon arrival in the US vehicles are subject to USDA inspection. Upon release, TOTE Maritime will contact customer to pick up vehicles. Please ensure that you have been contacted prior to making arrangements to pick up the vehicle.
Escort: An escort with a TWIC badge is required for you to reach our Jacksonville port location. The JAXPORT Access Control Center (904.357.3344) offers courtesy escorts for the owner of the vehicle and/or persons listed as a shipper or consignee on our Booking Confirmation or you may pay to contract independently. In order to leave the terminal, please arrange for a TWIC endorsed taxi or have someone accompany you in their own vehicle.
5250 William Mills Street
Jacksonville, Florida 32226
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 8:00AM-12:00PM, 1:30PM-4:00PM
Tuesday and Friday 8:00AM-4:30PM
Free Time: Shipments of vehicles, not exceeding 900 cubic feet (self-propelled) will be allowed a free time period of 7 calendar days from the time USDA released them. Please call 877.775.7447 Prompt 4 with any questions.
Demurrage: Demurrage (storage) starts day 8. Demurrage charges will be collected prior to cargo being released.
Days 1-5: $10.00 Per Day
Days 6 or more:$15.00 Per Day
Vehicle Shipping Forms & Guidelines
Vehicle Shipping Packets
- Vehicle Shipping Packet - San Juan to Jacksonville (English)
- Vehicle Shipping Packet - San Juan to Jacksonville (Spanish)
Obtain EIN Number
FOR BOOKINGS OR INQUIRIES, PLEASE CALL 1.877.775.7447