Dear TOTE Maritime Alaska Customers,
TOTE Maritime Alaska has filed a General Rate Increase (GRI) of 6.25% to be effective Sunday, November 12, 2023. This rate action was filed with the United States Surface Transportation Board in Washington, D.C.
The GRI filing applies to STB TOTE tariffs 101-A, 202-B, 501-A, and 601-A. The GRI does not apply to tariff STB TOTE 701-A (household goods).
Additionally, effective November 12th, Tariff 101-A will reflect the following:
- Item 940 (Terminal Charge)
- Northbound Dry Cargo: an increase of $25 totaling $250 per booking
- Northbound Temperature-Controlled Cargo: an increase of $25 totaling $275 per booking
- Northbound Vehicles: an increase of $5 totaling $60 per booking
- Southbound Dry Cargo: an increase of $6 totaling $66 per booking
- Southbound Temperature-Controlled Cargo: an increase of $10 totaling $100 per booking
- Southbound Vehicles: an increase of $3 totaling $28 per booking
- Item 540 (Hazardous Materials)
- Base charge: an increase of $25 totaling $175 per booking
- Fully electric vehicles: a new surcharge of $200 per vehicle
Regarding 2024, everyone at TOTE Maritime Alaska is pleased to welcome the first full-calendar year of operation utilizing liquefied natural gas as primary fuel for both vessels. We greatly appreciate your continued support through this lengthy process.
If you have questions regarding these filings, please contact your account representative at (800) 426-0074.
TOTE Maritime Alaska